There are espresso shots and there are rich, fresh, flavorful espresso shots.
What’s the difference? The difference lies in the freshness of ground coffee, which depends on how coffee beans are handled and prepared.
The Breville BES870XL is equipped with a built-in burr grinder, so you can always use freshly ground coffee when making a shot of espresso. Nothing can be fresher than the actual grinding of coffee beans right before coffee preparation.
The result – a rich, flavorful cup of espresso.
Why a Built-In Grinder is Important
You will be able to determine the freshness of an espresso by the condition of the ground coffee. Coffee experts know that freshly ground coffee beans start to lose flavor in less than a minute of exposure to air. In fact, in just about 30 seconds after grinding, the flavor can diminish up to 40% and even more so after that.
With an espresso machine that’s incorporated with a built-in grinder, you only need to grind the coffee beans at the exact time that you want a fresh cup of espresso. And that would deliver the best tasting espresso shot ever.
That is exactly the case with the Breville BES870XL. It comes with a high speed burr grinder that allows you to turn coffee beans into a delicious cup of espresso in just about a minute.
You can also choose from the grind settings and adjust accordingly from course to fine in order to suit your specific requirements when preparing any variant of coffee. The ability to choose the proper size and amount of ground coffee to be used is not only practical and efficient but cost effective too.
- Power: It comes with 1600-watt motor.
- Pump Pressure: This model of espresso machine is equipped with a 15-bar pump.
- Heating System: It is incorporated with a thermocoil to effectively regulate water temperature.
- Conical Burr Grinder: It has a built-in burr grinder with ½-pound capacity bean hopper. The sealed bean hopper is made of stainless steel.
- Purge System: The water temperature is automatically adjusted after a steaming process to provide the right extraction temperature for the next preparation of drink.
- Water Tank: It has a removable 67-ounce tank.
- Dual Wall Pressurized Filters: This feature allows for the proper regulation of water pressure to optimize the extraction process.
- Flat Shower Head: Water is evenly distributed during the extraction process.
- Steam Wand: The stainless steel steam wand can be adjusted and swirled up to 360 degrees. It allows for the creation of specialty drinks like latte and cappuccino.
- Cup Warmer: You can use the cup warmer located at the top of the unit to keep your coffee fresh and hot.
Product Measurement: 13.2 x 12.5 x 15.8 inches
Product Weight: Approximately 23 pounds
Easy to Clean and Maintain – The package comes with a cleaning kit. There’s also an indicator light to alert you when cleaning is needed.
Effortless Milk Texturing – The steam wand is easy to use and can be adjusted accordingly when steaming milk.
Good Looking Machine – Having a nice looking espresso machine in your kitchen will make you enjoy the process of preparing coffee even more. An of course, the actual coffee experience is heightened too.
Noise Level – According to some users, the unit emits noticeable noise when preparing coffee early in the morning. This is quite normal, however, as there’s no such thing as a completely silent coffee machine especially when it comes with a built-in grinder.
Enjoying the Art and Science of Espresso Making
You read it right, preparing an espresso shot is considered to be both an art and science. Fortunately, the science part is taken care of when you’re using a state-of-the-art coffee machine such as the Breville 870XL.
You won’t need to worry about the proper water temperature, water pressure, extraction method, and other complicated things. The built-in burr grinder also allows you to use the right size of ground coffee for your different coffee needs.
There’s really just one thing left for you to do – the tamping part. Now, tamping is an art that you can surely do correctly with just the right amount of practice. That’s why this machine is user-friendly – it works for both expert and amateur baristas.
As long as you’re a coffee lover, you will enjoy using this unit. You will also enjoy the drinks when you pull perfect shots of espresso right in your own kitchen.
We have more good news! While the Breville BES870XL is typically priced at around $1,000, it’s on sale now at Amazon.com.
Grab it now while it’s 41% off and ships for FREE. Enjoy the savings and enjoy your espresso too!